About me – Who is Rachael Atamian
An “about” page is inherently difficult. This is where you guys are all going to find out about who I am, right? Who is Rachael Atamian? Well
- I am a woman.
- I am a mother.
- I am a healer.
- I am an writer and blogger
- I am an empath.
- I am a creator of lovely, wonderful things.
- I tend a home and a life, and I do it well….for the most part.
I am not even clear I know what you are looking for. Do you want my history? My resume? My bent on the world? Maybe a little of all three. I know when I click on an “About” page, I want a picture. Here is mine.
I am married to Adam, my adoring and doting husband. Adam Atamian married Rachael Wallin in 2001 and made her me, Rachael Atamian. A little giggle there, of course. He is pretty awesome and our relationship brings a great deal of joy to my life. His heart and mine mesh. How and why are fodder for a book. Suffice it to say that despite a roller coaster ride of ups and downs we are charging forth on this adventure together and wonderfully in love. Here we are, looking a bit serious:
so, I will include another one that is a bit more fun.
My kids are pretty amazing, if I do say so myself. I love those critters. I, Rachael Atamian, have an adult daughter, Alex. She is amazing and lovely and a woman I admire. We have completely different tastes in most things but I admire her for her unique perspective. I like the differences, but don’t tell her that.
My little guy is a different breed than she but no less yummy. He is deliriously wonderful. He is kind, and cuddly, and about the funniest person you will ever meet. I enjoy him immensely. His favorite thing is a doughnut:
But his favorite person is me. At least I like to pretend I am. Really, I suspect that every person he knows thinks they are his favorite.
I don’t know how I got so lucky, but my kids are good. I mean really good. They do want they are supposed to do. They eat their veggies. They open my door and say, “please” and “thank you.” They are really amazing superstars, both in their own way. I could brag all day.
This blog is all about the things that delight me. I live a perfectly joyful life. Don’t get me wrong, I am not constantly happy. Things don’t always go my way. I am not always in a good mood. However, that isn’t what true joy is about. It is about something deep down inside that transcends this world. It is in my realm of fairies and magic. But before you think…oh, I knew it, she doesn’t have a perfectly joyful life…it is just make believe, think again, for I, too live in this world of fairies and magic. It is not a separate world. It is all around you, every minute of every day if you chose to live there. I choose.
Just in case you were looking for more of a resume…
- I have a J.D. and passed the California Bar the first time around… I wouldn’t have taken it again, so it is pretty good I passed it . It was that difficult.
- I have a Master’s degree in cultural anthropology and I did post grad research work in medical anthropology. Back when I was getting degrees there were only about three programs in the country that offered degrees in medical anthropology so I settled with the emphasis.
- I have worked in, or have managed, health food and natural living stores since 1992.
- I have ghost written blogs, aplenty on every subject of natural living you can imagine, and many you can only dream about.
- I am Certified Reiki 1 & 2
- I attended trainings from most of the major supplements manufacturers on the market including Megafoods, New Chapter, Vibrant Health, Oregon’s Wild Harvest, Barlean’s, Aura Cacia, and Natural Factors.
- I completed intensive online training in enzyme therapy through both Enzymedica and Renew Life and…